Travelling to temporary workplaces often means buying food away from home. If you're doing this, you can claim tax relief on the money you've spent. It's definitely worth doing because the average person is due an extra £250-£500 on top of their annual travel tax refund for the cost of meals but you'll need to keep simple records to prove what you've paid out. We can make a refund claim for your food related expenses as part of your travel tax refund, but not as a stand alone expenses claim