Get started with RIFTYour refund forms starter pack

Welcome to the RIFT Refunds Getting Started pack, and congratulations on taking the first step toward getting your tax refund.

If you're new to RIFT, this is where you'll find the forms you'll need to sign and send back to us so we can make your claim.

Don't worry; there's nothing too scary here. We've highlighted the parts you need to fill in and made everything as easy as possible.

Download my get started with RIFT pack

What's in the pack?

64-8 Authorising Your AgentForm 64-8

We always say that form 64-8 is one of the most important pieces of paperwork we handle at RIFT.

When you deal with HMRC, they want to be absolutely sure they know who they're talking to. This form says you've given your permission for them to talk to us instead of you about your claim and protects you from fraud or identity theft.

When you sign it, RIFT becomes your official “agent” with HMRC. From that point on, you've got our full help and protection. If the taxman wants to hassle you, he has to go through us.

There are 2 copies of the form in your pack to sign and send back to us. We keep one and one goes to HMRC.

SA1 Registering for Self AssessmentForm SA1

Your SA-1 is the form you use to register for the Self Assessment system.

Self Assessment is often thought of as only for the self-employed. In fact, there are several other reasons people sign up for the scheme, such as when they're claiming a tax rebate.

If you've got over £2,500 of work expenses to claim for in a year, you need to file a tax return to get your money. Your SA-1 will get you the Unique Taxpayer Reference number you need to do this.

Even if you're not sure if your expenses will be that high, you should still sign the form. A lot of people underestimate what they can claim for, and getting your SA-1 sorted out now will save a lot of time and hassle later.

Download my pack

Don't worry; there's nothing too scary here.

Just print it out, fill it in and pop it back in the post to us by writing "Freepost RIFT" on any envelope and we'll be able to get everything underway for you.

We've highlighted the parts you need to fill in and made everything as easy as possible, but if you need any help or have any questions just give us a call or use the LiveChat at the bottom of the screen.

Download my get started pack with RIFT

Need more help?

Wondering if you can claim a tax refund or need to submit a tax return? Use our online tools to find out if you're owed money by HMRC.

Do I Qualify?

Speak to us 6 days a week.
Mon-Thurs 08:30 - 20:00
Fri 08:30 - 18:00 and Sat 09:00 - 13:00.
RIFT Refunds, The Cobalt Building, 1600 Eureka Park, Lower Pemberton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 4BF

Call us on 01233 628648

Want to chat to a member of our team? Why not use our live chat to speak to an online advisor now?

Open live chat

RIFTPROD1 - Subscriber